Competitive Swim Team and Programs
Liberty Storm Swim Team
The Liberty Storm Swim Team is a summer program for youth ages 18 and under. As a B/C developmental team in the Metropolitan Community Swimming Association, the Liberty Storm stresses fundamentals, good sportsmanship and fun!
The Liberty Storm Swim Team, which has been swimming out of the Liberty Community Center since 1993, has taken home 12 championships in the last 13 years and is coached by Laurel Shoger.
The Storm helps swimmers as young as 5 develop their skills while having fun. The program also gives older swimmers an opportunity to stay in competitive shape outside of their school swim seasons. Swimmers must be able to swim 25 meters, unassisted and meet the age requirement.
For questions regarding the swim team, please contact Coach Laurel Shoger Email»
Learn More and Register»
- Swim Team Stroke Clinic: Ages 6 and up (only offered winter/early spring)
- Swim Team Basics: Ages 5-18 (only offered in the winter/early spring)
- Swim Team Competitive Maintenance and Conditioning: Ages 11 and up (only offered winter/early spring)
- Pre-Season Swim Team Conditioning: Ages 11-18 (only offered winter/early spring)
- Starts & Turns: Ages 5-18 years (only offered winter/early spring)
- Competitive Stroke: Skill based program, not age specific program. Typical ages 8+ (only offered in the summer)
- Girls' High School Pre-Season Swim Conditioning: Grades 9-12 (only offered in the fall)